- How long does it take to get your system in place?
For plants with digester volumes ranging between 10m3 and 300m3 we spend between 1 to 8 weeks to construct no matter the nature of the soil texture. The maximum construction period for plants with multiple digesters sizes ranging from 400m3 to over 1000m3 and above is between 3 to 6 months. The exact period shall be determined during data collection.
- What is the area required for biogas construction?
The size of land needed for various plant sizes differs. One of the attributes of Anaerobic Digestion System is that it is land economization.
- What is the lifespan of your system?
A robustly built Avenam Biogas Plant (ABP) plant has a minimum life span of 30 years.
- How much does it cost to maintain the system after it's been set up?
To the client, there is just the initial cost, after that, you count your pay-back-period and gains as long as the plant exists. The yearly maintenance cost is minimal.
- How is maintenance carried out on your system?
We also ensure that clients are fully abreast with normal routine maintenance through our training programmes. Maintenance on our plants is carried out by our maintenance team free of charge for the first 12 months of operation.
- Can existing conventional sewage system be converted to biogas plant?
Existing conventional sewage treatment systems do not have the physical and chemical requirements needed to operate an Anaerobic Digestion System and as such cannot be converted. But we can channel the waste from a conventional sewage system into our biogas system.
- What industries or institutions do you serve?
We serve all industries and institutions such as; Abattoirs, Educational Institutions, Prisons, Places of Worship, Hotels & Restaurants, Recreational Facilities, Military Barracks, Police Barracks, Private Households, Public Toilets, Agro-Processing Industries, Food Processing Industries, Real Estate Developments, Tourist Areas and Health Institutions,
- Is your services available in all African countries?
We have rendered excellent services in Nigeria and we are very much equipped to serve in all corners of Africa.
- Why is the biogas plant not being used all over the place?
The ADS Technology has been slow in catching-up in Africa due to improper education, information dissemination and marketing strategies.
- What is the average payback period for your system?
The simple pay-back-period can be determined by:
a) The offset cost of constructing a storage system (septic tank and or treatment plant)
b) The periodic cost of transporting stored and or treated material to its final disposal site
c) Savings on the daily biogas energy supply, and use of organic fertilizer.
d) The sale of captured methane on the CDM market
- Is the liquid obtained from your digesting system odourless?
The effluent slurry from the ABP is not only odourless, but also nitrogen rich and can serve as soil organic matter enhancer.
- What are your clients saying about your solution?
Our clients are satisfied and highly appreciative with our biogas technology, our delivery schedule and quality of construction.
- Who are some of your clients?
Some of our clients are farmers, hotels, slaughterhouses and private homes in Nigeria.
- What equipment do we need to procure in order to use your solution?
We procure all the necessary equipment and accessories needed for biogas construction for all our clients to ensure that we meet the standard set by our company.
- Do we need electricity to use your system?
One does not need electricity or other forms of energy to operate the biogas plants.
- How much does it cost to get your system set up?
There is no standard plant, The cost is determined only after data collection, determining the plant size and looking at the cost of construction materials and prevailing labour costs.
- What are your terms of payment?
We take 75% for mobilization, collect 15% after 80% completion and 5% after testing and commissioning.